- Site area: 3 ha
- Designing period: 2012
- Assignment: Preliminary and Final Design
- Estimated cost: 18,000,000.00 €
- Operations according to All. B and C at Part IV of D.Lgs. 152/06 s.m.i.: D9, D14, D15, R5, R13
- Maximum capacity: 50 ton/hour
- Process details: Soil washing section – Inertization section – Air treatment section
The designed plant has been developed with the aim of supplying an adequate solution to the treatment of waste like sludges, soils, etc. which are contaminated by organic or inorganic compounds. The project regards an integrated system which is able to:
- Pre-treat the incoming waste (through the soil-washing process);
- Stabilize the pollutants into a solid matrix (through the inertization process).
The incoming waste are temporary stored inside a concrete shed (when they are shovelable) or into nr. 2 silos (when pumpable); then waste are put into the feeding hopper for the soil washing process (this is to separate gravel and sand from silt and clay which bring adsorbed over their grain surface the pollutant substances that must be removed). The contaminated fine material is put into a filterpress and the separated water is treated into a physical-chemical reactor; the solid substances are therefore processed through the inertization system to trap heavy metals into a solid matrix which are stable and waterproof, avoiding the emission of pollutants in the environment.
The plant is provided with control systems to limit emissions or spilling, minimizing environmental impacts due to the construction and the management of the facility. So soil, groundwater and atmosphere are preserved and the plant can operate with high efficiency and safety, with protection for the environment and public health.